One afternoon last year, I was running my own business, when I somehow stumbled upon magazine writer Hunter Harris’s weekly newsletter, Hang up on me. In the next hour, I shredded the archive, including the Olivia Wilde takes a deep divea Top Gun: Maverick reviewAnd It is arguably the best opening paragraph to a newsletter. It’s pop culture genius! So, I was thrilled when Hunter agreed to share her 12 favorite things…
1. Restaurant: When the gods smile at me I get a table at The Four MusketeersIt looks like he’s getting away with killing. But in an exciting and exciting way. They don’t post the menu online (which drives me crazy since I’m always the one looking up the menu in advance), but it’s all good.
2. Activity: There is something satisfying about taking long walks while talking on the phone with someone you love.
3. Hair product: pattern It is my favourite, the waxy, thick control edges. She puts on children’s hair lowest, honey; Fort Knox levels of security, with minimal white residue. (If you use edge control, you know what I’m talking about.) I grew up with my mom using an old toothbrush on my edges, but accompanying brush Really makes a difference with this product specifically, because you need stiff bristles to spread your transitions.
4. Notecards: I regret my behavior Basically everywhere all the time.
6. Candle: DS & Durga’s Big Sur after the rain It is a wonderful and refined fragrance. Not too loud, not too intrusive. Leipzig breakfast A little louder, a little bossy, with notes of tobacco and leather. All I know is that these candles have found their way into my apartment, and they are my favorite scents.
7. The Movie: It changes depending on the day, but now I can say with confidence casino. It’s a movie about Vegas and the mob, two worlds nearly sealed with their own codes and traditions, but it’s also a movie about trying to fill the bottomless hole of self – getting kicked out of Eden because of your partnership. I love movies about male vanity and male insecurity. This one is shallower than Good guysbut also more glamorous.
8. Desk Extension: $7 Velcro cables On Amazon radically changed my life. I have a million cords for just six devices, and now I can keep them all neatly in my desk drawer. No more pulling out a cord only to get to the end and realize it’s USBc instead of micro USB. (I know the difference…yeah, I’m a STEM woman!) Also, play doh On my workstation – perfect for fidgeting during a long meeting.
9. Body lotion: Nothing makes me feel as boosted as waking up and taking the hottest shower imaginable. Right now, I am using Naturium Glow Getter Multi-Oil Hydrating Body Lotion. It has a fuzzy texture—an oil that builds up in some way—and it’s very hydrating. It has no scent, but that’s fine with me?
10. The Hotel: I go to LA a lot for work—sometimes months after month, sometimes weeks here and there. Kara It is the best hotel in Los Angeles. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else, when it’s a short trip. Great interiors, a restaurant worth eating at even if you’re not staying there, and everyone is really nice and helpful.
11. Snack: blue cheese and crackers.
12. Celebrity crush: Austin Butler attack spring 2022 – we’ll be studying it for generations. This guy tried really hard to get me to like him and I saw it Elvis And it worked! Weird movie but amazing performance.