The 148th running of the Preakness Stakes will be held on Saturday, May 20th.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch Phase Two Horse racingTriple crown.
Preakness schedule and how to watch
- TV: NBC, Peacock, NBCSports.com, NBC Sports app
- Where: Pimlico Race Stadium in Baltimore, Maryland
- Date: Saturday, May 20
- Post time: 6:50 p.m. ET
The Preakness Stakes may not be as popular as the Kentucky Derby, but it is arguably more interesting. The main story in the Preakness—the second leg of the Triple Crown race—will be whether the winner of the Kentucky Derby Mage can score a second straight and set the stage for a chance to complete the Triple Crown in the Belmont Stakes.
Mage was +1500 on the morning of the Kentucky Derby, but his path to winning the race became clearer when the favorite Forte and Practical Move were scratched. Despite starting at the back of the pack, Mage picked up the pace to win by a length in his fourth ever race.
[RELATED: Chris ‘The Bear’ Fallica on how to bet on horse racing]
However, history is not on the Mage’s side to win the Preakness Stakes. Only 36 horses won the first two legs of the Triple Crown. But if Mage can shock some people in the Preakness, history may be on his side. The last two horses to win the first legs of the Triple Crown, American Pharoah and Justified, went on to win the Belmont Stakes and complete the Triple Crown. Last year’s Kentucky Derby winner, Rich Strike, did not race the Preakness.
Post time is set to 6:50 p.m. ET, and the race will be broadcast on NBC, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app.
Mage is among the frontrunners to win the Preakness. Will he keep his Triple Crown hopes alive? Or will another horse spoil his high hopes?
Here are the early entrants and Preakness odds.
1. Mage: +300 ($10 to win $40 in total)
2. Forte: +300 ($10 to win $40 in total)
3. Two Phil’s: +500 ($10 to win a total of $60)
4. Task 1: +500 ($10 to win a total of $60)
5. Blazing Stevens: +1,200 ($10 to win a total of $130)
6. Henry Q: +1,200 ($10 to win a total of $130)
7. Confidence Game: +1400 ($10 to win $150 in total)
8. National Treasure: +1400 ($10 to win $150 in total)
9. Red Route One: +1600 ($10 to win a total of $170)
10. Instant Coffee: +2000 ($10 to win a total of $210)
11. Chase The Chaos: +3000 ($10 to win a total of $310)
12. Miracolo II: +5,000 ($10 bet to win a total of $510)
So would you throw some cash on Preakness bets?
Are you ready for another season of unpredictable horse racing and get in on the action to claim the crown jewel in the Triple Crown races? head over FOX Pete For all your betting needs.