F . directionsSeptember 19, 2022, 18:39:21 IST
When it comes to smartphones, Apple is undoubtedly the dominant brand. Many customers flock to stores eagerly to place orders for new iPhone models as they become available.
The iPhone 14 series has been officially revealed. As the majority of iPhone users already own an iPhone, transferring data from an old iPhone to the new iPhone 14 is currently a major concern. Depending on your needs, Apple offers a number of alternatives to transfer data from one iPhone to another. Even if you are using an Android phone now, you have the option to transfer everything to iPhone 14. Learn about the steps below:
1. Direct Transfer:
In most cases, a Quick Start direct transfer will be the simplest way to update your new iPhone and make sure all your data is transferred without any issues. Bluetooth, WiFi, or cellular data is required for this method.
Steps to follow:
- Turn on your new iPhone and place it next to your old device.
- If prompted, upgrade to “iOS 16.0.1”.
- The Quick Start option should appear on the screen of your old iPhone (after setting up Face ID)
- Verify that your Apple ID is correct, then follow the instructions to transfer all your data.
- Until the procedure is completed, keep the two iPhones close to each other and connect them for safety.
2. Using iCloud or Mac:
- Create a new backup using iCloud or your Mac. Turn on your new iPhone.
- Upon request, update to iOS 16.0.1.
- Skip the quick start and follow the onscreen instructions before selecting Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from Mac/PC Backup.
- Choose a backup after you sign in to iCloud, or connect your new iPhone to a Mac or PC with a Lightning cable to restore data from backup.
3. From any Android device:
- Connect your Android phone to Wi-Fi
- Next, start your new iPhone and proceed as instructed until you reach the Apps & Data page.
- To proceed with the process, choose Transfer Data from Android.
- From the Google Play Store, download and install the “Move To iOS” app and open it.
- On the screen that says Move from Android, tap Continue on your iPhone. The next window will show a 6- or 10-digit code.
- Returning to your Android device, tap Continue on the Go to iOS screen.
- Read the terms and conditions, then click Agree.
- Click the Next button in the upper-right corner of the Find Your Code screen. When prompted, enter the 6- or 10-digit code from your iPhone.
- Next, choose the files you wish to transfer to your iPhone from the “Data Transfer” screen of your Android device and click “Next”.
You should wait for the loading bar on your iPhone to complete even if your Android phone says the process is finished.