Something small: Sony’s upcoming PlayStation VR2 is well on its way to having a good selection of titles to choose from in its first year on the market. In addition to the games already announced for the second-generation headset, Sony has revealed 13 additional titles including several that will be available during the first month launch period.
Highlights include titles from popular franchises like No Man’s Sky, Resident Evil Village, and Horizon Call of the Mountain. There is also a free PS VR2 update for Gran Turismo 7 coming out on launch day.
Developer Polyphony Digital said the GT7 will take full advantage of next-generation headset features including eye tracking and elaborate display. We’re told that two-player split-screen racing will not support VR, but all other racing modes including online competition will.
NFL Pro Era, meanwhile, is the first fully licensed NFL and NFLPA VR game. It will challenge players to see if they have what it takes to lead their favorite team to the Super Bowl – or opt for something more relaxing like playing with friends at a well-known stadium.
Kayak VR: Mirage is also coming to PS VR2. Originally launched last summer, this amazing simulator is all about the visuals. Paddle alongside dolphins in Costa Rica, wander through ice caves in Antarctica or soak in the sun against canyons in Australia – all with realistic graphics, diverse wildlife and a rich soundscape that helps tie it all together.
If adrenaline is more your thing, get your heart rate up and compete in race mode against friends and family. How you play is up to you.
PlayStation VR2 from Sony launch February 22 for $549.99 and will include a headset, a pair of Sense controllers, and stereo headphones. The full launch window list is as follows:
- After the Fall (Spinner Games)
- Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
- Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, playback window)
- VR Cities (Fast Travel Games)
- Cosmonious High (Owl Chemistry)
- Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
- Dark Images: Back (Supermassive, playback window)
- Demeo (Resolution Games)
- Glitch: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
- Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
- Gran Turismo 7 (via the free update for the PS5 version of GT7)
- Horizon Call from the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
- Function Simulator (Owlchemy)
- Jurassic World Effects (Coatsink)
- Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Rhythm! (Gemdrops Inc.)
- The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco / Cyan Worlds)
- The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
- Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyark)
- NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free upgrade for PS VR2)
- No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, Run Window)
- Pavlov VR (FanCrypt)
- Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
- Mysterious Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update for the PS5 version of RE Village)
- Rez Infinite (improved)
- Song in the Smoke (17-bit)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
- Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
- The Tale of Onogoro (Amata KK)
- Tentacle (Devolver)
- Tetris Effect: Online (improved)
- Thumper (Drool LLC)
- The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners: Ch. 2: Snip (jump, launch window)
- Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
- Ma Pat (Triple)
- Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)