- Development has been slow in Web3 games despite the industry attracting billions of dollars in capital.
- Spielwork plans to reignite development with its solution, Wombat X.
- As long as they meet the requirements, any developer can participate.
While some projects have shown significant signs of recovery this year, the cryptocurrency sector has been reeling from the fallout The chaos that ensues in the year 2022which led to many Close projects And the developmental side of things is slowing down.
However, despite these challenges, The Web3 gaming industry makes billions of dollars in investment capital. However, due to its newness, Web3 games have so far lacked the same level of developer interest as the DeFi and blockchain sectors.
So, to get developers interested in Web3 Gaming, blockchain startup Spielworks devised a plan to put several exciting industry prospects on the map.
Spielworks accelerates Web3 games
Upcoming blockchain startup Spielworks is looking to fill the gaps in the Web3 gaming sector by launching the Web3 Wombat X gaming startup accelerator, which should enable projects to improve their gaming experience and expand their reach.
With Wombat X, Spielworks is looking to encourage Web3 game developers to sign up their games, benefit from the 65,000 daily users, three million subscriptions on the Wombat ecosystem, an unlocked portfolio, and the expertise and direction of some of the best projects in the space.
This includes some of the best AA and AAA titles on the web 3, NFT Games and partners, including Cronos Layer-1 compliant EVM solution powered by Crypto.com.
Spielworks CEO and Co-Founder Adrian Krion He said From Wombat X:
“Web3 gaming is in a beta stage currently, and there is a pressing need to establish best practices around game development to ensure the industry’s long-term sustainability. By working with a wide range of promising Web3 gaming projects and startups, Wombat X aims to facilitate a more mature ecosystem. Our unique program provides a diverse educational curriculum while exposing our participants to Spielworks’ Wombat platform, the biggest Web3 gaming platform. Needless to say, we and all our partners can’t wait to launch.”
Wombat X will play an important role in boosting the Web3 gaming industry by providing a convenient showcase for exciting new games. The accelerator is open to everyone, and most importantly, it’s free.
How to apply for WombatX
Wombat X mainly focuses on optimizing most games user experience And he was presented with well-deserved titles. To apply to the accelerator, developers must meet the following requirements:
- Developers need to submit a playable beta version
- Games should integrate with Wombat as the preferred login option
- Games need to be integrated with Cronos or one of the Wombat supported blockchains (waxPolygon, BNB Chain, Ethereum, EOS, and more)
- The developers agree to share 0.3% of their token supply with the Wombat crowd
- Games must support the Wombat SDK
on the flip side
- Across the market Magic Eden’s NFT chain also has its own unique Web3 Game Accelerator Support for more than a dozen games.
- Optimized for gaming blockchain Oasys has launched an ecosystem fund focused on Web3 game projects in January 2023.
Why should you bother
While interest in Web3 games has been slow this year, investors, reputable game studios, and developers are still lurking around looking for ways to enter the industry. Wombat X can allow indie and professional developers to enter the space and reach millions of users.
Read about Animoca Brands’ Web3 investment plan:
Animoca Brands plans to invest $2 billion in Web3 Startups
The A16z paid $40 million, but no one blinked:
A16z’s $40 million investment in CCP Games is getting a lukewarm reception from gamers, but why?