In the context of: If there’s one thing that proves the legitimacy of a massive gaming leak, it’s the company behind the said title responding with copyright strikes that force the content to be removed. That’s what Take-Two did shortly after over 90 videos and screenshots of GTA 6 went live on the web yesterday. We’ve also heard that the responsible hacker, who says he’s the same 18-year-old hacker who hacked Uber, is looking to “negotiate a deal” with Take-Two/Rockstar.
Modernization: Rockstar confirmed that the leaked material is authentic and that it is “extremely disappointed” to see details of GTA 6 being shared in this way. The studio confirmed that the incident would not delay the project, which is scheduled to arrive in 2024 or 2025.
“We recently experienced a network intrusion in which an unauthorized third party illegally accessed and downloaded confidential information from our systems, including early development footage for the next Grand Theft Auto game,” the company said.
“Currently, we do not expect any disruption to our live game services nor any long-term impact on the development of our ongoing projects.”
The internet almost collapsed yesterday when someone with the username teapotuberhacker, who claims to be the same hacker behind the Huge hack for Uber That happened last week, it was published A large number of content From GTA 6 at GTAForums, including early developer test build footage that confirms rumors of a Latin heroine.
While the voice acting, dialogue, and many other elements make the leak look very convincing, one cannot be 100% sure that these things are real and not the intense work of a prankster. However, it appears that Take-Two, a Rockstar parent, was quick to send out copyright takedown requests – originating from a Rockstar email address.
The original post for GTAForums is now published locked The link has been removed, while posts with GTA 6 content have disappeared on YouTube, Twitter, and other sites that comply with copyright infringement.
Required level for the man who leaked GTA 6. pic.twitter.com/whxhuHLOpc
– Okami Games (@Okami13_) September 18 2022
Teapotuberhacker also left an email address asking to be contacted by Rockstar employees so he could “negotiate a deal,” suggesting the leak could be part of a ransom similar to CD Projekt Red suffer Last year saw the source code for Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3 and an unreleased copy of The Witcher 3 stolen.
Take-Two Interactive is not one to hold back when it comes to initiating legal action. Back in 2018, the company Obtained a court order To search the homes of five people in Australia linked to GTA Online’s “infamous” mod list. Allow police to enter premises and search, copy or remove relevant evidence relating to Infamous, including any computers, electronic storage devices, or documents.