Visitors come from behind to win decisively

Fulham scored a thrilling 3-2 victory over Nottingham Forest at City Ground on Friday evening, with a string of goals on the hour to prove the difference between the two teams.

Forrest had advanced by one goal in the second half, before three goals in six minutes from Tosin Adaraboyo, Joao Balinha and Harrison Reid, and saw Fulham grab and take advantage. Forrest managed to reclaim a goal, but despite their best efforts, they were unable to equalize.

After an even opener, the hosts would take a decisive lead through Taiwo Awoniyi in the 11th minute. The former Union Berlin scorer stole the back position to take home a sinister combination delivery from Morgan Gibbs-White.

Fulham reacted well to being late and pressing forward with real strength in search of an equaliser. They came close to getting it in the 23rd minute, when some great play from Tim Ream culminated in an American digging a superb cross pass along the penalty area – which Andreas Pereira couldn’t get either.

Half an hour later, they came close to regaining parity, when superstar Aleksandar Mitrovic sent Pereira’s cross into the near corner to force Dean Henderson into a fine save.

The racy Kenny Tite was the next to force Henderson to make a good save, with the Forest keeper making a fine shot from the linebacker around the post.

Despite his complete dominance, Forrest managed to maintain a 1-0 lead before the break.

Finally came the equalizer for the visitors in the 54th minute. Tosin Adarabioyo, surprisingly unattended, came close to the penalty kick to score a corner kick from Willian at Henderson’s goal and in the top corner of the net. Gorgeous header…but also Forrest’s matte defense.

This goal obviously had a positive effect on Fulham’s confidence in the final third, after four minutes, they advanced through Joao Balenha. The talented midfielder hit the first time from just outside the penalty area to land the ball in the roof of the net. If you haven’t seen it, check out the highlights where you can, it was a hit.

Things improved for the visitors after the hour mark as Harrison Reed hit a low cross from Bobby Reed to make it 3-1. Yes, three goals in six minutes.

After those disastrous six minutes, Forrest woke up and tried to get back in the game. After a few poor chances, the hosts found the net to make it 3-2 in the 77th minute, as Louis O’Brien managed to get past Bernd Leno after capturing the Adarabiouu liquidation.

Unfortunately for the hosts, however, that was the end of the scoring as Fulham managed to hold on to a 3-2 advantage and earn three crucial points.

Source link

Related Posts