F . directionsSeptember 16, 2022, 17:56:43 IST
WhatsApp is undoubtedly the most popular application for communicating and exchanging videos, photos, audio and GIFs with near and dear ones. A few months ago, the instant messaging app started offering UPI payments along with other features.
The Meta-owned app has now made it easier for users to send and receive money from friends, family, and anyone they know by combining messaging and payments on a single platform. Users can now send money to anyone using WhatsApp with a single click without downloading any additional apps or using all their phone storage.
In November 2020, WhatsApp announced that it had developed the payments interface in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). According to a blog by the messaging app, Unified Payment Interface (UPI), “India’s first real-time payment system” can conduct transactions with more than 160 supported banks.
WhatsApp users can send money as easily as sending a message through this exclusive feature. To start a UPI payment, all you have to do is press the ‘Rupee’ button while chatting with your contact or scan a QR code across more than 20 million Indian businesses that accept it. Users can easily transfer funds from their accounts to individuals in their contact list. Thus, linking a bank account to WhatsApp pay is the only way to send and receive money.
Steps to attach a bank account to WhatsApp payments:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Go to the settings page.
- Click on the payment option after scrolling down.
- By choosing a bank from the list, you can add the bank account information.
- Once your bank account is successfully linked to the app, follow the steps listed below to send money to another contact:
Steps to send money via WhatsApp Payments:
- Go to the contact page to send money.
- Access to the payment option.
- Choose a previously registered bank account.
- Send after entering the required amount and UPI PIN.
- After the payment is completed, the transaction ID and transaction details will be provided in the chat window.