If someone asked me to define wellness, I’d stutter and offer something about “holistic health” and feeling good. I don’t blame myself – there is a lot of ambiguity in the industry. Good marketing and good packaging can mask unsubstantiated claims and false promises. But while it’s important to approach every health solution with a healthy dose of skepticism, not everything is snake oil. much of what we think about Wellness trends They’ve been around for decades — even centuries — and are important cultural practices rooted in specific societies (hello, Tamanu oil and scrambled cake). But the fluff gets spun at the end—and what works, stays. This is why, when you research “what are ear seeds,” prepare to discover a wealth of proven evidence supporting their effectiveness.
Ancient wellness rituals transcend the fickleness of industry, and many of the remedies found in TCM still hold true today. But every few seasons, traditional practices reappear. Think: the current fascination with gua sha And Face sculpting tools. And now, the esthetician’s soul is setting her sights on acupressure. from Acupressure mats For Seeds, today we’re delving into more than just a health trend.
Featured image from Our interview with Brandi Joy Smith by Michelle Nash.
Everything you need to know about ear seeds, says an expert
Acupressure It is an ancient remedy for stress and stagnation. It can relieve your body from pain, stress, indigestion, headaches, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and even anxiety. Results vary from person to person. But the potential benefits can be life-changing. Especially when delivered through wearable, non-invasive devices such as ear seeds.
But what are ear seeds? You may have seen them in your wellness best friend, worn like a badge of honor Cupping bruises or redness of the face. They are small pads arranged on the ear to aid in acupressure without having to lie on a “bed of nails” (although Viral acupressure mat worth a try). With so many doctors on board, you’ll find that a lot of acupressure products are HSA-eligible!
I talked to Dr. James Walkeris a clinical physician and contract medical consultant at Wellsoo.comabout the benefits of earwigs and what to look for if you’re interested in trying them for yourself.
What are ear seeds?
Ear seeds, also known as auricular seeds or ear remedy seeds, are small seeds or grains of mineral that are placed on certain points of the outer ear. They are often used in audiology, which is a form of alternative medicine based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Some studies report positive effects for specific conditions, such as managing pain or reducing anxiety, but more rigorous research is needed to draw definitive conclusions.
It is important to note that ear seeds should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. If you have any specific health concerns, it is recommended to consult a healthcare professional to determine the most appropriate course of action.
There are two main types of ear seeds:
- Vaccaria seeds. These are small seeds of the vaccaria plant. It is the most common type of ear seed.
- mineral pellets. Some ear seeds are made of metal, such as stainless steel or gold-plated magnets. These provide stronger stimulation than pollen seeds.
Benefits of ear seeds
Advocates of earwigs claim various benefits, including:
- Stress relief and relaxation
- Pain management, such as headaches, back pain, and joint pain
- Support for smoking cessation or weight loss
- Improve sleep quality
- Reducing anxiety or symptoms of depression
- Enhanced energy and general well-being
- Mark the specific points on the outer ear corresponding to the desired area or condition.
- Clean the ear and the skin around the selected points with alcohol wipes.
- Use tweezers to gently place the ear seeds on the points. Apply enough pressure to keep it in place.
- Gently massage the seeds for a few seconds to stimulate the points.
You can plant ear seeds on your own or with the help of a friend or family member. This process is relatively simple and can be done at home. However, if you have any specific health concerns or conditions, it is recommended that you consult your healthcare professional or acupuncturist prior to use.
Possible side effects
Ear seeds are generally considered safe, with minimal side effects. However, some potential risks include:
- Skin irritation or allergy to the adhesive or seed material.
- Discomfort or tenderness at the application site.
- Infection if the ear or skin is not adequately cleaned prior to seed placement.
- Incorrect placement may result in ineffective results or discomfort.
The best ear seeds that you can try at home
When done properly, ear seeds can provide relaxation for the whole body and relieve physical pain and mental stress. To get started, these are the best ear seeds that you can try at home.
Each product is carefully curated by our editors and we’ll always offer an honest opinion, whether it’s gifted or bought ourselves. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a small commission at no cost to you.
Mountain Lai Seeds Stainless Steel Acupressure Acupressure Therapy
Mount Lai prides itself on making AAPI beauty rituals accessible, like these ear seeds. Wear multiple stainless steel ear seeds at once for maximum targeted effect.
- made of: stainless steel
- comes with: 60 ear seeds
Ear Seeds WTHN
Get the benefits of a WTHN acupuncture session at home.
- made of: gold; Swarovski crystals
- comes with: 40 ear seeds. Gold tweezers 100% latex free medical adhesive
Uncommon Goods Ear Seeds Acupressure Set
This set includes a set of ear seeds that are made of gold and crystal and can be worn for 3-5 days without sacrificing your beauty. Follow the included chart and apply with the included gold tweezers to target specific acupressure areas.
- made of: gold; Swarovski crystals
- comes with: 40 ear pods, golden tweezers
Vie Healing The Foundation Kit
This comprehensive kit comes with a body map to guide your application to your health goals.
- made of: 24 karat gold
- comes with: 20 ear seeds. Ear seed spoon
Kango Acupressure Seeds
Gently massage the Stainless Steel Ear Seeds twice daily to enhance their effect and promote the healing process.
- made of: Stainless Steel
- comes with: 40 ear seeds. tweezers