Calvin Enkidi / Android Authority
chat It’s received a number of small and incremental updates since its release, but none quite beat the latest update: GPT-4. It introduces a number of under-the-hood improvements to chatbot capabilities as well as support for image input.
Up until this point, ChatGPT was based on GPT-3.5, itself an offshoot of the OpenAI language model from 2020. So what’s the difference with GPT-4 and how does it affect your ChatGPT experience? Here’s everything you need to know, including how to use GPT-4 in your private conversations.
GPT 4 brings image input to ChatGPT for the first time, allowing you to send visual prompts such as a graphic, graph, or infographic. It’s also smarter and more creative than its predecessor. GPT-4 is available via ChatGPT and Bing Chat, read on to learn more.
Go to the main sections
What is GPT-4?
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
If you’re not familiar with basic ChatGPT technology, here’s a quick primer: GPT stands for Generative Pre-Trained Adapter. Each word in this acronym tells you a little bit about a file machine learning Technologies that went into creating a chatbot. It is based on the Google Transformer architecture, for example, and has been pre-trained on a large data set of text samples. Finally, synthesis means he can write an entirely new script.
GPT-4 is OpenAI’s latest language model and is smarter, safer, and more accurate.
As the name suggests, GPT-4 refers to the latest version of the language model. It replaces GPT-3 and GPT-3.5, the latter of which has enabled ChatGPT since its release in November 2022. From now on, you’ll now be able to switch to an optional option. GPT-4 mode Inside ChatGPT – More on how to do this in a bit.
GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5: What’s the difference?
GPT-4 can take on different characters
According to OpenAI, GPT-4 improves on GPT-3 in the following ways:
- capacity and reliability: In a simulated test, a GPT-4 score landed in the top 10% of test-takers even though the model had not received any special training. Presenting the same scenario, GPT-3.5 landed in the bottom 10%.
- image input: You can render GPT-4 with pictures, graphs, and graphs instead of typing them in a prompt.
- Larger entry size: GPT-4 can process 25,000 words of input text, which means it can analyze complex topics and respond to prompts with more context. This is a huge step on the list ChatGPT limit is 4096 characterswhich includes the input prompt as well as the chatbot’s response.
- Logical thinking: OpenAI says GPT-4 delivers 40% more realistic responses than its predecessor. Furthermore, the model is less likely to hallucinate (in which it responds confidently with false or fanciful information).
- Improve creativity: GPT-4 can take on different characters and stay in character. For example, it can predict that it is a pirate or a teacher, the latter of which is shown in the screenshot above.
These changes may seem minor at first glance, but they all add up to make GPT-4 incredibly powerful.
Take the larger input size as an example. You can provide a GPT-4 link to any Wikipedia page and ask follow-up questions based on it. This is invaluable for niche topics that ChatGPT likely doesn’t know much about – we know they have a limited understanding of many philosophical and scientific concepts.
GPT-4 can accept web links thanks to its longer input limit
You can also feed in the documentation for a specific programming language or library and have ChatGPT write code snippets. The possibilities are almost endless.
How do I use GPT-4 in ChatGPT?
Edgar Cervantes / Android Authority
GPT-4 is available and ready to use immediately, without the need for a queue. The only caveat is that you need a ChatGPT Plus Subscription, which costs $20 per month. Without the latter, you can only access legacy ChatGPT or GPT-3.5 mode. Here’s how to switch to GPT-4 if you’re currently on a free plan:
- visiting chat And log into your account.
- In the lower left corner of the screen, find File upgrade plan button and click it.
- Follow the instructions to upgrade your account.
- Once you sign up for ChatGPT Plus, you will get access to a new drop down menu on the chat screen. Expand it and select a file GPT-4 form.
OpenAI says it will offer limited GPT-4 access to free users in the future, but that could take a few weeks. In the meantime, scroll down to the next section for a possible workaround.
GPT-4 access in ChatGPT costs $20 per month, but there is a free workaround for now.
If you are looking for a guide on how to use the image insert feature in GPT-4, you will have to wait a little longer. OpenAI is working with third parties to enable the feature and hasn’t integrated it into ChatGPT, at least not yet. senior partner, be my eyesGPT-4 is used to assist the visually impaired by converting images to text.
Free GPT-4: Bing Chat from Microsoft
Calvin Enkidi / Android Authority
Since it is still new, GPT-4 will likely require more computational resources to run than older models. This is likely a big reason why OpenAI has banned its use beyond a paid subscription. But if you don’t want to pay for ChatGPT Plus or want to try out the capabilities of the new model first, you’re in luck. ChatGPT is not the only way to access it.
Around the time of the GPT-4 release date, Microsoft announced that its Bing Chat AI chatbot was secretly using the new language paradigm at its core.
Microsoft’s Bing Chat uses GPT-4 under the hood and you can use it for free.
While it has been heavily modified to suit the needs of the search engine, it is still based on the same foundation as ChatGPT’s GPT-4 mode. Verify Guide for Bing Chat vs ChatGPT To understand how the two chatbots differ in other respects.
Bing Chat and ChatGPT Plus have hourly or daily GPT-4 usage limits, even if you pay for the latter. You’ll simply have to manage that quota and avoid falling into what’s probably the biggest limitation of GPT-4 at the moment.
GPT-4 in applications: PowerPoint, Duolingo, Khan Academy, and more
GPT-4 is a multimedia model, which means it can handle more than one type of input. This naturally makes them ideal for a range of use cases, from education to customer service. To that end, we’re starting to see the technology adopted in existing applications and services. Here is a short list of mergers that we are currently aware of:
- Microsoft Office 365: Shortly after the release of GPT-4, Microsoft announced that it would soon integrate the technology into its office suite. Dubbed Copilot, the new feature will create a complete PowerPoint presentation with a single text prompt or summarize long documents in Word. It is worth noting that Microsoft also offers a version of The best alternatives to ChatGPT For coding in GitHub co-pilot format.
- Duolingo Max: If you’re struggling to learn a new language without someone tuning in, Duolingo has a new subscription plan to help you out. GPT-4 is used to simulate conversations with another person, with the first prompt based on your current language ability. Your responses will be judged and the chatbot will make suggestions on how to improve.
- tape: Stripe payment processor has developed up to 14 models based on GPT-4. He hopes to use the language model to aid software development, business analytics, and the processing of large amounts of data. Although none of this is user facing right now, Stripe is working with OpenAI to handle payments so we could see deeper integration in the future.
- Khan AcademyKhan Academy, a non-profit educational site, will use GPT-4 in a chatbot called Khanmigo. But what does he bring to the table? ChatGPT can actually write articles after all. according to blog postKhanmigo will provide back-and-forth idea generation for stories, offer vocabulary training, and stand as exhibitors in debates.
We will likely see more GPT-4 implementations appear in the coming weeks and months. However, it remains to be seen if they will require a monthly subscription. Besides Bing Chat from Microsoft, all of the above apps offer GPT-4 as a premium add-on.